Edmodo: An online social network you'll want your child to use | Schools
ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. -- "It's pretty easy," 7th grader Emma Kee tells us. "Anyone can use it."
As her fingers fly across the computer keyboard in the Landrum Middle School library, it's obvious how much Emma loves chatting with her classmates online.
She's using a new program created in 2008, called Edmodo.
Edmodo is an online social network that mimics online college classes, allowing students to connect and correspond with classmates, teachers and parents.
The idea behind the computer program, came from a man who was working in an Illinois school district's IT department, and had to keep blocking online and social networking and video sites.
St. Johns County schools are among the first on the First Coast to use the online tool.
Upcoming Events near Ponte Vedra
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House