Rep. DeSantis' Federal Pay Freeze Bill Passes House | People
WASHINGTON (AP) - The House has voted to extend a pay freeze for federal workers.
The freeze has been in effect for more than two years, and Republicans say adding an additional nine months will save $11 billion.
Democrats and the White House accuse Republicans of singling out government workers for sacrifices.
The president issued an executive order in December that would give the nation's 2 million civilian federal workers a 0.5 percent cost-of-living raise next month.
Upcoming Events near Ponte Vedra
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House