J.T. Townsend to Give Back to Local Community | News
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. -- Former Episcopal High School football player J.T. Townsend is starting a foundation to give back to the community that has supported him since his spinal cord injury in 2004.
Townsend was injured during a football game on October 8, 2004. Since then the people of the First Coast have rallied behind this inspirational young man to help him and his family with medical expenses, housing, and transportation.
Professional golfer and First Coast resident Fred Funk has also been an avid supporter of J.T. since his injury. Now this college student is starting his own foundation to assist children and adults with disabilties.
For more on the J.T. Townsend Foundation, watch the video clip attached to this story or visit http://jttownsendfoundation.org/.
Upcoming Events near Ponte Vedra
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House