J.T. Townsend to Give Back to Local Community | News
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. -- Former Episcopal High School football player J.T. Townsend is starting a foundation to give back to the community that has supported him since his spinal cord injury in 2004.
Townsend was injured during a football game on October 8, 2004. Since then the people of the First Coast have rallied behind this inspirational young man to help him and his family with medical expenses, housing, and transportation.
Professional golfer and First Coast resident Fred Funk has also been an avid supporter of J.T. since his injury. Now this college student is starting his own foundation to assist children and adults with disabilties.
For more on the J.T. Townsend Foundation, watch the video clip attached to this story or visit http://jttownsendfoundation.org/.
Upcoming Events near Ponte Vedra
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Creeks Outlaws advance in Pop Warner Super Bowl
- Christmas on the creek will light up Julington on Saturday Dec 7th
- St. Johns superintendent removes self from Lt. Gov consideration
- Julington Creek boat fire caught on camera
- Freedom Boat Club at Julington Creek is new site for ‘Life Jacket Loaner Program for Kids’