Elderly man arrested for exploiting the elderly | News
ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. -- A 68-year-old man has been arrested for allegedly exploiting the elderly Tuesday, according to detectives with the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office.
Wayne Joseph Dziadul, of Ponte Vedra Beach, was arrested after he allegedly stole from a 76-year-old individual on several occasions, Cpl. Catherine Payne said in a news release.
The state of Florida recognizes any person age 60 or older as elderly.
Dziadul was arrested last week for similar, unrelated charges, Payne said. Detectives believe that he has committed more of these crimes in the Northeast Florida area.
Dziadul remains in the St. Johns County Jail on a $25,000 bond.
Anyone with any information concerning this investigation is asked to call CrimeStoppers of N.E. Florida at 1-(888)-277-TIPS (8477).
Upcoming Events near Ponte Vedra
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House