Elderly man arrested for exploiting the elderly | News
ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. -- A 68-year-old man has been arrested for allegedly exploiting the elderly Tuesday, according to detectives with the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office.
Wayne Joseph Dziadul, of Ponte Vedra Beach, was arrested after he allegedly stole from a 76-year-old individual on several occasions, Cpl. Catherine Payne said in a news release.
The state of Florida recognizes any person age 60 or older as elderly.
Dziadul was arrested last week for similar, unrelated charges, Payne said. Detectives believe that he has committed more of these crimes in the Northeast Florida area.
Dziadul remains in the St. Johns County Jail on a $25,000 bond.
Anyone with any information concerning this investigation is asked to call CrimeStoppers of N.E. Florida at 1-(888)-277-TIPS (8477).
Upcoming Events near Ponte Vedra
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Christmas on the creek will light up Julington on Saturday Dec 7th
- St. Johns superintendent removes self from Lt. Gov consideration
- Julington Creek boat fire caught on camera
- Freedom Boat Club at Julington Creek is new site for ‘Life Jacket Loaner Program for Kids’
- Expert talks life-saving trailer hitch safety