Alleged Ponte Vedra Beach ATM thief already in jail | News
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. -- Detectives identified and charged an alleged ATM thief who was already in the Duval County Jail on two other grand theft charges, according to the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office.
Barry Homer Thrower, 43, was arrested Friday on two warrants by the Jacksonville Beach Police Department with the assistance of U.S. Marshals.
According to Kevin Kelshaw with SJSO, Thower allegedly removed an ATM with a dolly from the first floor hallway of a Hilton Garden Inn in Ponte Vedra Beach a week ago.
Once in custody, an officer with the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office recognized Thrower based on the surveillance video from the Hilton Garden Inn.
Thrower has been served another warrant for grand theft.
Upcoming Events near Ponte Vedra
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House