Jogger hit by SUV on Ponte Vedra Boulevard | News
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. -- Detectives with the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office Traffic Homicide Section are investigating a pedestrian that was hit by an SUV Thursday morning.
Catherine Payne, Public Information Officer for the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office, said the crash happened shortly before 6 a.m. in the 80 block of Ponte Vedra Boulevard.
Payne said detectives determined a 2001 Lexus SUV driven by 51-year-old William Driscoll of Jacksonville hit 40-year-old Valerie Perry while she was jogging in the roadway.
Perry, who is from Charlotte, North Carolina, was taken to Shands Jacksonville where she is currently in serious but stable condition.
Driscoll was not injured in the crash.
Payne said detectives are still investigating the crash.
Upcoming Events near Ponte Vedra
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House