Jogger hit by SUV on Ponte Vedra Boulevard | News
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. -- Detectives with the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office Traffic Homicide Section are investigating a pedestrian that was hit by an SUV Thursday morning.
Catherine Payne, Public Information Officer for the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office, said the crash happened shortly before 6 a.m. in the 80 block of Ponte Vedra Boulevard.
Payne said detectives determined a 2001 Lexus SUV driven by 51-year-old William Driscoll of Jacksonville hit 40-year-old Valerie Perry while she was jogging in the roadway.
Perry, who is from Charlotte, North Carolina, was taken to Shands Jacksonville where she is currently in serious but stable condition.
Driscoll was not injured in the crash.
Payne said detectives are still investigating the crash.
Upcoming Events near Ponte Vedra
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Creeks Outlaws advance in Pop Warner Super Bowl
- Christmas on the creek will light up Julington on Saturday Dec 7th
- St. Johns superintendent removes self from Lt. Gov consideration
- Julington Creek boat fire caught on camera
- Freedom Boat Club at Julington Creek is new site for ‘Life Jacket Loaner Program for Kids’