FDOT hosting open house to discuss sidewalk construction on A1A | News
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. -- The Florida Department of Transportation will hold an open house to discuss their plans to resurface and build a sidewalk on State Road A1A in Ponte Vedra.
The open house will take place at Our Lady Star of the Sea Church Wednesday, November 7 from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. The church is located at 545 N. A1A in Ponte Vedra.
Construction for the project is scheduled to begin mid-December, according to a news release from FDOT.
The plan calls for resurfacing a two-mile section on State Road A1A from Mickler Road/County Road 203 to the beginning of the four-lane section in Ponte Vedra.
During the project, a new sidewalk will be built along the east side of State Road A1A from Corona Road to Solana Road.
The release said the open house will be conducted in a "drive-thru" format. FDOT will have a tent set up in the church parking lot. Visitors will drive up to the tent or park and walk. Once at the tent, they will receive information about the upcoming projects including construction schedules, costs and anticipated traffic impacts.
If you have any questions about the project, you may visit www.northfloridaroads.com or contact Laurie Sanderson at 1-800-475-0044.
Upcoming Events near Ponte Vedra
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House