Car hopper busted in Ponte Vedra | News
PONTE VEDRA, Fla. – A Duval County teen is facing multiple charges for allegedly burglarizing cars in Ponte Vedra early Wednesday morning.
Deputies with the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office responded to The Fountains Condominiums after a resident reported seeing two men looking into cars in the parking lot and checking for unlocked car doors, according to a release from the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies arrived and noticed two subjects standing near a Jeep, who fled to the rear of the complex on foot when they noticed law enforcement. One of the suspects, identified as 19-year-old Dherick David Lockett, was spotted near The Fountains entrance by a deputy a short time later and was taken into custody without further incident. The second subject has not been located or identified.
According to the SJSO, at least four vehicles had been entered at the complex.
Lockett is charged with four counts of burglary and is being held in the St. Johns County Jail on a $10,000 bond.
Additional charges are pending further investigation.
Anyone who has any information about the identity or location of the second suspect is asked to contact the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office at 904-824-8304.
Upcoming Events near Ponte Vedra
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House