Ponte Vedra teen charged with armed robbery | News
PONTE VEDRA, Fla. -- A Ponte Vedra teen was arrested and charged with armed robbery and larceny Wednesday.
A 16-year-old is accused of robbing a convenience store in the 100 block of A1A North September 15 at 3 a.m., according to a release from the St. John's County Sheriff's Office.
The teen was allegedly armed with a gun when he approached the counter of the store and demanded money. According to the release, the teen was also wearing a mask and fled with a small amount of cash and cigarettes.
In addition to the alleged convenience store robbery, the teen was also observed breaking into numerous vehicles in the Ponte Vedra High School parking lot.
The mask the teen is accused of using in the store robbery was allegedly found in his bedroom by detectives and a b-b gun was also recovered in the teen's car, the release detailed.
The release said, the teen is also a suspect in four car burglaries on Clearwater Drive that were reported early Wednesday morning, as well as a burglary to a business Barbara Jean's, that occurred early morning Monday.
The investigation is ongoing.
Upcoming Events near Ponte Vedra
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Creeks Outlaws advance in Pop Warner Super Bowl
- Christmas on the creek will light up Julington on Saturday Dec 7th
- St. Johns superintendent removes self from Lt. Gov consideration
- Julington Creek boat fire caught on camera
- Freedom Boat Club at Julington Creek is new site for ‘Life Jacket Loaner Program for Kids’