Catch a Shuttle to Mickler's Beach This Weekend | Events
The St. Johns County Recreation and Parks Department is testing a new pilot program to shuttle beach goers to and from Mickler’s Landing Beach Park, where the parking lot is usually overflowing on weekends. The pilot program will begin this Saturday, June 25, and go for the next three Saturdays.
The shuttle service will allow beach goers to park in the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall parking lot, then take a van to and from the beach. The shuttle will run from 10:00 am until 4:00 pm. The shuttle will pick-up beachgoers at Mickler’s to return to the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall every half-hour between 10:30 am and 4:00 pm.
The shuttle will be free of charge during the pilot program. However, should a permanent shuttle program be implemented, a fee would likely be charged to off-set the cost of the service.
The Ponte Vedra Concert Hall is located less than one mile from Mickler’s Landing Beach Park north on State Road A1A. Signage at Mickler’s and on nearby roadways will inform the public of the shuttle pilot program. County officials will evaluate the success of the program after three weeks and determine if a permanent shuttle program would be beneficial.
Questions should be directed to the Beaches Manager Billy Zeits at (904) 209-0322.
Upcoming Events near Ponte Vedra
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House