Deputies: Man steals over $100K from elderly victims | Crime
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. - A Ponte Vedra Beach man was arrested on a charge of exploitation of the elderly Friday.
Wayne Joseph Dziadul, 68, is accused of taking, "a significant amount of jewelry," including several gold watches, assorted rare jewelry items and old currency and coins, according to a statement from the St. John's County Sheriff's Office.
Dziadul was described as a "friend" by the victims, a 91-year old Ponte Vedra Beach man and his wife. The victims claim Dziadul often odd jobs around their house, the statement details. The victims also claim Dziadul had access to their home in August of 2012 when some of the items went missing.
In an unrelated investigation, Dziadul's name came back in a search of the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office Pawn system, who allegedly, "pawned many items on numerous dates last year." According to the statement, some of those items matched those that were reported missing from the victim's home.
Dziadul is charged with using his position of trust, as a caregiver to the victims, to obtain by deception the victims' assets worth over $100,000, between March and August of 2012.
Dziadul was booked into the County Jail on a $25,000 bond.
Upcoming Events near Ponte Vedra
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House