Call for Entries for the Most Powerful Voices Competition | Arts & Culture
Today, there are many singing competitions, but none that is quite like this. The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association, GMC, formerly the Gospel Music Channel and Music World launched the Most Powerful Voices Online singing competition that may save your life!
Entering the contest is simple. Upload a video or MP3 by Jan. 27, 2012 to power.watchgmctv.com, then get your fans to vote often for you to help you advance to the next round.
The competition is a part of the American Heart Association’s Power To End Stroke campaign and is in an effort to educate people about stroke…a leading cause of long-term severe disability and death. African Americans are at particularly high risk because of high rates of diabetes, high blood pressure and family history of heart disease and stroke.
The contest is open to indie artists, groups and choirs singing gospel, worship, praise and holy hip hop. To participate as a competitor, all you have to do is upload a video or MP3 file and get your friends and family to vote for you. When you register to participate, you will receive life-saving stroke information.
If you make it to the Top 10 finalists, you will have the opportunity for your singing to be judged by industry leaders like Mathew Knowles, CEO and President of Music World Entertainment.
The overall winner will receive:
- pERFORMANCE AT The aMERICAN hEART aSSOCIATION’S Power awards event AT THE WORLD FAMOUS aPOLLO tHEATER in May.
- A digital song recorded by music world gospel
- $5,000 WORTH OF MUSIC EQUIPMENT FROM ROLAND, MANUFACTURER AND DISTRIBUTER OF ELECTRONIC MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS
- $2,500 and more
So register today as a competitor or vote to advance your favorite in the rounds and take a moment to learn important information about stroke. It may help to save your life or the life of someone you love.
Upcoming Events near Ponte Vedra
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House